Tallahassee Scientific Society
Nomination Form for
THE 2021 TSS GOLD MEDAL AWARD
Thank you for your nomination of a 2021 Gold Medal Honoree!
A Gold Medal Awardee should be someone who has demonstrated BOTH outstanding:
- Achievements in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) field, including STEM education, as measured by peer recognition and career contributions to a particular discipline.
- Contributions to expanding knowledge and public appreciation of STEM in Tallahassee and its surrounding communities.
Following a review of the nominations by the TSS Board of Directors, a winner will be selected and invited to present at a public award ceremony in fall 2021.
Nominations are due by July 31, 2021.
- Your Name (you must be a current TSS member to submit a nomination):
- Your Contact Information:
- Name of Nominee:
- Nominee’s Current Full Title:
- Nominee’s Contact Information:
- Mailing Address:
- Attach a one-page summary of your nominee’s credentials, which may include embedded hyperlinks to resumes, articles, websites, and other sources of supporting information.
- Please keep in mind the primary criteria considered for selection:
- Outstanding achievements in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) field, including STEM education, as measured by peer recognition and career contributions to a particular discipline.
- Outstanding contributions to expanding knowledge and public appreciation of STEM in Tallahassee and its surrounding communities.
- TSS requests that the nominee be able to present at a public award ceremony on a mutually acceptable date in October or November 2021.
Email the form and one-page summary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember that nominations are due by July 31st, 2021.
Thank you for submitting a nomination for this year’s Gold Medal Award! We look forward to seeing you in the fall at the reception and presentation of the 2021 Winner.
TSS Board of Directors
Kerry Maddox, President
Chris Harvey, Vice-President
Carol Zimmerman, Treasurer
Amelia Maddox, Secretary
Mabry Gaboardi Calhoun